An HCL-AXON / Bluleader partnership implementation of SAP’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software has enabled the QR National Coal division to streamline its central revenue collection and protection requirements, whilst also laying platform for further rollouts of CRM functionality throughout the organisation.
QR National is Australia’s premier coal transport company and a world leader in heavy haul, narrow gauge railway technology. This customer plays a major role in the Australian economy, operating more that 550 services each week in Queensland and New South Wales, transporting coal from 56 mines to eight export coal terminals and eight domestic customers.
- Streamline and simplify revenue collection processes at QR National Coal.
- Facilitate transparent planning of all revenue collection activities and create the basis for automated billing.
- Provide visibility of service performance and service (railing) impact on revenue.
- Integration of sophisticated event-driven calculation procedures based on complex and flexible contract agreements.
- Improve customer satisfaction and service efficiency by capturing all performed services and customer interactions in a single centralized repository.
- Replace multiple legacy systems with highly integrated SAP solutions and processes.
SAP CRM Enterprise Solution integrated with SAP ECC, SCM EM, BI, Enterprise Portal and non-SAP systems for service planning and scheduling.
Implementation of CRM Contract, Quotation Management (Customer Service request) and automated Order Management (Intend to rail – service confirmation)
Billing and Accounts
Integration of CRM Billing and ECC. Account Receivable integration with BI (Reporting on Service levels) and Portal integration (Customer platform to access documents such as electronic invoices and reports)
- Revenue collection processes were consolidated, simplified and consistent.
- QR implemented a powerful, flexible solution to facilitate the contract management and service planning process.
- Enhanced and consolidated reporting and planning capabilities, leveraging optimization of the internal business processes.
- Optimized billing (pricing logic) already enhancing revenue in the first live billing period.
Working alongside HCL/Axon over a period of 18 months, Bluleader, a specialist CRM implementation partner, was integral in the implementation of the SAP CRM Contract, Order and Billing solution that simplified and optimized revenue collection processes and replaced several existing legacy systems for this customer. The new platform allowed for greater efficiency across customer interaction, service and billing optimization processes.